Periodic Review of Commission Rules
The Credit Union Commission reviews each of its rules every four years to determine whether the reason for adoption of the rule continues to exist. The review is intended to specifically determine whether the rule is obsolete, whether the rule reflects current legal and policy considerations, and whether the rule reflects the current procedures of the Credit Union Department. The review schedule for fiscal years 2013-2016 is included below.
As part of the review process, the Commission invites preliminary comments from credit unions and the public regarding how to clarify the requirements of the rules. Comments regarding the rules currently under review may be submitted in writing to; Credit Union Department; 914 East Anderson Lane; Austin, Texas 78752-1699, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. We invite specific input on questions such as:
- Do the rules organize the material to suit your needs? If not, how could the material be better organized?
- Do the rules clearly state the requirements? If not, how could the rule be more clearly stated?
- Do the rules contain technical language or jargon that isn't clear? If so, what language requires clarification?
- Would a different format (grouping and order of sections, use of headings, paragraphing) make the rule easier to understand? If so, what changes to the format would make the rule easier to understand?
- Would more (but shorter) sections be better in any of the rules? If so, what sections should be changed?
Any proposed changes to a rule as a result of the review process are subsequently published in the Proposed Rule Section of the Texas Register for a formal public comment period.